Radiosurgery is a form of radiation therapy provided by Cancer Care Northwest. This approach harnesses the gamma knife to specifically guide radiation in the treatment of brain tumors, trigeminal neuralgia, and vascular malformations.
More than half of people with cancer get radiation therapy. Radiation therapy may be the only kind of cancer treatment you need, and other times it is combined with other treatment methods. Radiation therapy is used today as a safe and effective treatment that is offered at three Cancer Care Northwest locations in Spokane. Radiation therapy is used to:
- Destroy cancer cells
- Shrink a tumor so that it can be more easily removed by your surgical oncologist
- Eliminate remaining cancer cells after surgery
- Reduce the risk of recurrence
- Slow the growth or shrink tumors to alleviate pain or other problems.
- Cure many types of cancers without the need of any other therapy
Our radiologists are board-certified physicians who specialize in the use of radiation therapy to treat cancer. The radiologists are among the most technologically savvy in the treatment of brain tumors using gamma knife.