We are delighted to offer this lending library for Cancer Care Northwest patients and employees! These titles have been recommended by our providers and staff. Many of the books were generously donated so you can benefit from the information, support and resources to help you on your journey.
Books from the lending library are available at the South office only. For more information, contact Kristina Hines, Oncology Nutritionist at (509) 228-1057.
Checking Out Books
- CCNW patients, patients’ family & friends and employees are welcome to utilize the library
- You may check out one book at a time
- You may borrow it for up to one month
- Complete a library form (on the library bookshelf) as indicated
- Cut the reminder slip from the library form and fill in the due date
- Place the reminder slip in the plastic pocket inside the front cover
- Give the completed library form to the front desk
- Books should be returned to the front desk
- If books are not returned by the due date, you will receive a reminder call.
- The lending library will only be available at the South office initially. As we build our inventory and ensure the lending system is working well, we plan to establish a library at each CCNW office.
- We welcome donations of good condition, cancer-related books so we can expand the Lending Library.
- Books should be dropped off at the South office front desk.
- Donated books will be reviewed for suitability by The Supportive Services Committee.
- Books not selected will be donated to a local charity.
The Lending Library provides health information for educational purposes only and is not endorsed by CCNW. The Lending Library is not a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your health care professional if you have a specific health concerns.